Dance Angel


Dear angel, Ever at my side
Be there today, my feet to guide.
Help me dance high, and light, and free,
So everyone will be proud of me.
May the judges be fair and the stages be spacious.
In winning and losing let me be gracious,
So that every dance I'll remember with pride.
And angel, please keep my shoelaces tied.


Friday, February 5, 2010

Me and Injuries.

Injuries are not fun. As EVERYONE knows, I have been injured many many many times. All of those injuries come from dancing, because of the constant pounding. The pounding makes the bones bruised, like mine are. Many Irish dancers like me have these kind of injuries. They also can get stress fractures. I had a stress fracture. It is like breaking your foot, but it's not. You see, you are putting so much stress on your foot that it snaps. It is very painful. If you guys are thinking that I am always injured, don't be negative. Now, I hope that you understand what I am going through.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a challenge for you: take this topic and focus on the contrast between the lightness and beauty of dance and the blinding pain of an injury. This could make for some great poetry.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Brenna, as you all know. I am an Irish dancer with the Trinity Irish Dancers. You know, it's really fun. I also like to play volleyball with school.